Wednesday, March 18, 2009

my first interview

i had my first interview in my life this morning.

when i was approaching the castle, the gloomy sky loomed over my head. maybe this was the omen? surprisingly, my main concern was not on the interview later, it was my feet that i was most worried. it seemed that my black heels were about to burst open under my porky feet. and my feet were so blistered that they would make an old warted witch run away in shame. how long could my feet last??

when i managed to step into the building, i started to get nervous. i was practically in a daze from the moment i entered the podium to the moment i knocked on the door. i remembered i greeted the interviewers with a weak "good morning", and sat down without tripping over the table. i tried to answered most of the questions as calm as i could, but my trembling voice betrayed me. my expression must have looked blank and possibly idiotic. and for most of the time i was staring at the black eyeliner of the chairman (who looks exactly like a typical HOD/principal) without looking rude. the only thing that kept me awake was the pain resonating from down under. ouch.

when i was finally done, i mumbled a feeble "thank you" and stepped out of the chamber, joining my fellow warriors who were waiting outside. i got the flunked-it look and looking as pathetic as i could get. sighing in relief/resignation, i settled down with a cup of warm tea to sooth my soul.

i was actually looking forward to catching Suspect X on the big screen, but i decided that i needed to rest my poor feet which were almost dying from the hideous blisters.

my dad gave me the ok-i-wouldn't-ask-more look when i got home shagged.

"it's alright, you can always continue studying"

i nodded half-heartedly.

my dad almost sang the "look on the bright side of life" song when i stared blankly at the tv.

*sigh*

nevertheless, this is a valuable experience. and if i dun strike it once, i will give myself one more chance and move one with other goals in life. :)

No comments: