Monday, June 24, 2013

Felt Wool Craft

Felt wool craft may be new to some, but it is fairly popular in Japan, look at what the Japanese are capable of:

so cute right?!



But I am doing something much more simpler. The kitty above can take me days LOL. I bought a felt wool craft pack from Daiso, just to get my hands on something while I finished up all the HK dramas on a Saturday afternoon.

Felt wool craft pack

The pack comes with a special needle, the felt wool, "eyes", beads and chain for attaching to the doll. The instructions are in both Japanese and English, so there is no problem in making the doll, even if you do not know Japanese. 


The felt wool is fluffy, and needs to be poked at by the special needle back and fro to make it taut.



The ears are smaller and extra care has to be given when poking the wool with the SHARP needle. I incurred a few needle pokes along the way. :( 


When the doll is done, just plunge the wire through the head and connect the striped bead (body) to the head. Twist the wire on the top of the head into a loop and insert the chain to make a key chain.

And you are done! :D


Ta-da!

This took me about 1 1/2 hours to complete this doll/ key chain.  The pack says it takes about 120-180 minutes for beginner. Not bad, huh? There are other designs such as piglet and frog. Perhaps I will try the other designs another time.

No comments: