Sunday, September 8, 2013

Staycation at Sentosa ~ Day 2 at USS ~

Take the ride!

Day two, we were all set out for another fun day at USS. Our holiday package includes complimentary breakfast for two days, but not at Equarius Hotel. Perhaps it is too atas to be free? Instead, we were allowed to choose from StarBot Cafe at USS, Hard Rock Hotel or Hotel Michael. Since we were going to USS, we might as well have breakfast there. 


There was hardly anyone inside the sci-fi themed cafe, except for a Caucasian granny and her grandson munching. Felt like a wee-hour cafe.

The spread of food was not diverse, with the typical eggs, bacon, baked beans, porridge, some muffins, toast and jam etc.


I was more interested in the interior design haha.




Pretty creative, it compensates for the lack of tasty food.

When we were almost finished with our breakfast, one of the staff informed us that the Transformer Ride was ready. That was at about 9 30am. We were like "ok..noted" and not at all excited about the exclusive early opening for the ride. How wrong we were! We were steering away from the thrilling rides right after our breakfast because we were afraid we would throw up or anything. What an apt timing to inform guests about the early opening! -_- I mean it is nice of them to give us this privilege because it is the most popular ride which will garner long queue for sure. But still...

Anyway, we strolled along the empty New York Street and Sci-Fi City before the park officially opened at 10am.

 Like a ghost town

Snap a pic before the crowd swarmed in

Misty misty (don't know why they must spray the park with mist before opening)

The park opened at 10am and that was when the stampede for the Transformer Ride began. Sis was bringing Kenny in so she left me in the park first. I had some me-time and strolled along the artificial 1950s coastline view. 

Panoramic view

Can see the Shrek's castle on the other side


I explored the alley linking the New York Street and the coast. Quite cool to see as it is the hidden and overlooked part for most people. I was free enough to explore it. Kinda scary to be walking into such alleys if I were really in the 1950s NYC. 




Back to the NYC main street. I was like going against the flow of visitors because I was walking towards the entrance. It was a Friday and there weren't a large crowd. The weather was slightly overcast, albeit a bit dangerous due to the pending storm (like the previous day when the water park was suspended for almost an hour). I was worried because I wanted to ride on the Battlestar Galactica

Gloomy...gloomy Galactica.

Majestic Monster

I have been to the USS, this is the second time for me, and the Transformer Ride and Sesame Street are new to me. 

Bring me to school, Elmo!

There are Sesame stuff everywhere...




Wanna grab them all!! :D

The weather was getting hot towards the middle of the day, so I bought a cap. :)


The Space Chase is basically a ride for the kids, not much excitement but it is cute anyways :) 



Much like the Madagascar ride, with adorable figurines narrating throughout the ride. 

After the ride we went to the shop selling all the SS paraphernalia which is linked to the restaurant selling pastas and pizzas. The ride is about saving the spagetti from some evil menace (told ya, it's a kid's ride) and the restaurant is strategically linked to the exit of the ride. The aroma of the pastas and pizzas is sooooooo enticing and we decided to have lunch there. I bet a lot of visitors are tricked too.


Saw this machine at the restaurant and the coin is priced at SGD 2, so I played with it. However, there were some glitches and I could not retrieve the coin. Well, there wasn't a coin in the first place. Had to get the staff to help me with it.
I chose Cookie Monster.

All transparent


We were actually hungry even without much riding. The pizzas looked so good that we just randomly ordered.


Looked good right? But the pizzas were just horrible. Soggy, not hot, and tasteless. The complimentary desserts were like oreo-flavoured sawdust. The Elmo cupcake was worse. Looks cute but...well, things can't be perfect.

After lunch, we walked around the park to let the food digest before going onto the rides.






Sis and Kenny weren't that enthusiastic about thrilling rides, so I rid most on my own :( In the end I only managed to drag Sis to ride Revenge of the Mummy, Shrek 4D ride and Enchanted Airways.





I had to venture onto the Battlestar Galactica all by myself :O I tried once with my friends back in 2009, and the seats for Human were not secured with the overhead vest at that time. My friends and I were freaked out but yet thrilled by the ride. We had a good time then.

And I wanted to experience it again.

When people ride on crazy coasters, the most anxious part comes when the person is queuing for it. My heart was thumping hard when I was in the line (well, there wasn't much of a queue to speak of anyways). A pre-teen girl of about 11-12 years was riding alongside me and she looked all calm and composed. On the same carriage, two small boys (about 8-9 years?)  were kicking their feet in excitement. I was...the most nervous of all I guessed :P The ride was as thrilling as before, but still SHIOK ah!!! Totally love it.

Human conquered!! :)

The ride is currently (as of Sep 2013) unavailable, as stated on the official website. It has been closed for about a month or so, for maintenance maybe?

The last part we went to (queue) and ride for Transformer. The queue took about 40 minutes, as expected. The ride had some downtime in the middle of the day and re-opened by 4pm, when we rode it. The queue was endurable, as there are videos (with a brief storyline) introducing the ride.


Whose arm is this?

I am no fan of Transformer, so I know nuts about the characters or story. But the ride was sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun!!! It is a 3D simulator ride, and the players are supposed to defend the city or something...can read more about it on the Wikipedia. Highly recommended for those who visit the park. If I were to have access to only one ride, I would choose Transformers. Even the Galactica can't save it. :P

After almost a day's excitement, we left the park at about 6pm. 


Bye USS, see ya again when I have good company or it adds some more new rides! :)  

No comments: