Tuesday, April 7, 2009

daddy's recipe

due to my mom's fractured wrist, she is off the kitchen for quite some time, so my dad is in the sous chef for two weeks from now on. and his culinary skill is no worse than my mom...in fact, i find his cooking way much better. but, well, men don't belong to the kitchen, and my dad is LAZY. i wonder where my lazy genes come from :P

so far, the meals i had were B+/A-/A+ quality.

4/5 - the day my mom went to NUH for the whole afternoon and did not cook

Dinner: luncheon meat and sausages
grade: B, but it was an impromptu meal, lah.

4/6 - first day my dad held the wok

Dinner:
  1. fried egg with minced pork & tons of chopped spring onions added (a bit too oily, but the onions made up for it: B+)
  2. minced pork + potato croquettes (a bit burnt, but taste good: B+)
  3. braised beef tendon in chu-hau sauce (soft and gluey texture which i LOVE: A++)
  4. pork rib soup (usual soup, a bit diluted though: B+)

3.5 thumbs up for this dinner :D

4/7 - second day of my dad's new-founded hobby, getting creative here

Dinner:

  1. stir-fry: pan-fried fish cakes + fried salmon bits n pieces + asparagus (i LOVE the salmon bits!!! it has a layer of gluey collagen/fats-like gel under the skin. yum: A+)
  2. fish in green pepper (pan fried, the green pepper a bit burnt: B+)
  3. salmon head soup with tofu (simple soup, with salmon bits swimming in it: B+)
4 thumbs up!

keep it up, dad. so glad that i dun ve to cook for the family this time round.

No comments: