Friday, December 25, 2009

X'mas gathering 25/12/2009

Instead of having turkey for dinner, we headed for turf city to have steamboat + bbq for dinner. Thinking that there might be a lot of people, we went there super early, just to find that there actually weren't many people at 5.30pm ahaha. The buffet reminds me of the hawker centre near my old flat at Bukit Gombak, where we usually went for bbq+steamboat dinner (before Seoul Garden came along).

After a few rounds of satay/pepper/sesame chicken pan-fried in planta, I felt a bit full (not yet bulging). I swallowed a few stalks of choy-sum to sort of neutralise the heatiness and grease from the bbq food. The chilli crab gravy was quite appetising; I couldn't help but dip a few more man-tou in the gravy (too much carbo already!!). Not yet exploding, I allowed myself to wolf down two chicken wings and two cups of root beer (fried food+soft drink = slow suicide). Well, it was xmas, a perfect excuse to over-indulge XD

After the buffet, it was still early (8+) so we headed down to KAP's macdonalds for gift-exchange session. Weiwei was supposed to give me my present, and I was a bit paranoid at first. To my surprise, she gave me a pair of Stitch slippers!!! ^0^ That was thoughtful :) and I love them so much! They make a squeaky sound when I walk, and kitty is sort of scared of them because of the colour (he hates blue, I realise). I gave Yiyi a Winnie the Pooh plushie, which costs less than 15 bucks. Amazing ahaha and those retailers dare to charge it at HKD225 initially!

p.s. Mac's chocolate milkshake is too sweet for my liking.

No comments: